Monday, October 28, 2013

This Nerds Life: Countdown to Halloween - 2 Days to Go

Halloween is just days away and here at Nerd Is The New Cool, we couldn’t be more excited.  The candy has been bought, the decorations are up, and we have been binge watching horror movies (we spent all day yesterday watching Stephen King’s Rose Red). 

I was originally going to do another 3 Top Tens set for today, but felt a bit more personal This Nerd’s Life style blogging might be a better way to go tonight instead. 

There is so much more I want to get done between now and Thursday. My wife has seen the first 2 Halloween films, so I’m thinking Halloween night will have to feature a viewing of Halloween 4 (as III isn’t part of the main series, we will probably go ahead and skip it).   But do I want to rewatch the first two before then or hit some other films instead (Trick or Treat springs to mind, as do Plan 9 from Outer Space and any number of classic Universal and Hammer films).  There is also The Rocky Horror Picture Show, but the wife loves that and will want to be in on that viewing so we’ll save that for her.  Netflix was a few good films, but the selection is limited and both HuluPlus and Crackle seems to mostly have the same limited selection with each of the three having a few films the others don’t have, but most of those don’t look that interesting.

I was planning on making some caramels if not go all the way and make caramel apples or even popcorn balls but I keep putting it off.  I also bought some fresh veggies with the plan of making salsa but haven’t got around to it yet.  If I don’t hurry up and get to it, we might have some quality issues pretty soon.   

We don’t plan on hitting any Halloween parties, so the wife and I probably won’t be dressing up this year – especially with her working late on Thursday and us going out of town over the weekend.

I might try to put up an extra post tomorrow, a Nerdy Top Ten or one of a couple of other things I’ve been working on so check back tomorrow night to see.  I will be putting up a New Comic Day Wednesday and if I get a fire going under myself I will put up an early post on Thursday for Halloween. 

Well, that’s all for now, I’ll be back either tomorrow or the next day – I’ll be in checking for comments tomorrow whether I post or not.  In the meantime, to make up for only having this wimpy blog post, here is a pic of our good friend Liz Katz dressed as an Elvian Theif

Photo: Or do you guys prefer my elven thief cropped in? Please Help me pick, which image do you want to be the Comikaze Expo exclusive poster? It will be available in my online store as well November 1st- 3rd for those of you who can't make it! http://lizkatz.com/comikaze-elven-thief/

You should go follow her on twitter here, like her on facebook here, and subscribe to her YouTube channel here.  She’s awesome.  (And tell her your old buddy Nerd Is The New Cool sent ya, to score me some brownie points).  Also, she’ll be at Stan Lee’s Comikaze Expo in LA Novemeber 1-3 booth 1049 selling posters and hanging with her fans.  She’s pretty cool and one of the nerdiest girls on the Interweb, so go say hi. 

And while we are on the subject of Comikaze Expo, if any of our readers are going and would like to act as the official Nerd Is The New Cool correspondent at the event, send me a DM on twitter


This is Nerd Is The New Cool, signing off.  

No comments:

Post a Comment