Sunday, July 14, 2013

This Nerd's Life vs. Nerdy Top Tens

So, I have three Nerdy Top Tens at various stages of completeness setting on my flashdrive all refusing to right themselves.  The more completed one - entries 1-8 completed but no 9 and 10 - I decided against doing at this time as I've spend far to much time on board games (and card games and dice games) on the blog already.  The second - which suffers the same board game stigma of the first - is comprised of a list of 10 but has no fluff text yet.  The third and final Top Ten, which focuses on comics - which I haven't abused anywhere near as much as that other subject above - is little more than a concept and some likely entries at this point.

And as much as I would rather do a Top Ten today - especially in the wake of not doing one last week - I feel today is going to be another This Nerd's Life.  Unfortunately, I had a pretty run of the mill boring week. I went by the comic shop on Wednesday and bought the first issue of the new Astro City series (see my review below).  I worked on a short story I hope to get published soon.  It's called "The Flush" and concerns a fellow with a unique view of his own story, an unimportant field of daisies, and a toilet with an extra handle.  I'll keep y'all informed about any developments concerning that or any other story I get published.

That's about all the excitement for the week, the rest was the usual daily grind.  This weekend, I did get the chance to pull some boxes out of my parents storage shed and find some of my old junk - including my action figures (Star Wars, TMNT, Dick Tracy, Star Trek, Aliens vs. Predator, etc.), as well as some other cool stuff.  But that is a large part of what put me behind on getting a Top Ten ready for today - true I write them on Sunday, but I usually have at least something ready before hand (I'm trying to get a stockpile ready for weeks I'm under the weather or busy but haven't yet).

But what do you, dear reader, prefer?  How do you like my various blog titles?  Do you prefer Nerdy Top Tens or would you rather I do more This Nerd's Life entries?  How about my other newer series: New Comic Day, The Five Dollar Bin, and the upcoming Reader Copies?

Reply in the comments below or hit me up on twitter @nerdisnewcool.

Until next time, Nerd is the New Cool signing off



No comments:

Post a Comment