Sunday, July 7, 2013

This Nerd's Life: Independence Day Weekend

Nerd Is New Cool here,

Those of you who regularly follow my blog will already have seen that we didn't have our premiere of the new Reader Copies this last Friday, nor our we going to be posting an installment of Nerdy Top Ten today, both are due to the busy schedule my wife and I had over the long holiday weekend.

We were babysitting my sister-in-law's Aussie Shepard mix, which we hauled along with our 2 lb. Chihuahua to my parent's house Wednesday.

I spent most of Thursday morning slaving over a hot grill to produce some awesome fall of the bone ribs, which got finished about 3 hours early so they were nice and cold and no longer fall of the bone by the time we ate - nor were they very popular and we still had a ton left over after dinner - I have now eaten them for at least four meals.

Thursday evening we had games with my parents and cousin Lizard: Mexican Train Dominoes, Smart Ass, Dixit, Buzz Word, and Pandemic: On The Brink (Bio-Terrorist Challenge).

We were going to come back Thursday night with plenty of time for me to do my back issue review for Friday, but one of my mom's cousins was in town and the extended family was doing a dinner Friday, so we ended up staying an extra night.

We ended up not getting in until late on Friday and I said forget it.   I figured Reader Copies could wait until next time rather than having a rushed first issue.

So yesterday we spend all day at my sister-in-law's running a yard sale which totally bombed.

On the bright side, after the yard sale was over, we hit up another yard sale and I picked up a couple of books including a Signet Classics edition of The Jungle Books from the sixties and a 1966 edition of Snoopy and the Red Baron.



Today involved a couple hours of housework, some time in the pool, and my wife and I lounging around watching the 2010 British Sci-Fi/Horror film Monsters (expect an appearance in an upcoming issue of The Five Dollar Bin) and the first two episodes of the 1943 serial Batman.

Anyway, back to the regular schedule next week.  In the meantime, stay nerdy my friends.

My American fans can let me know what they did for the Fourth in the comments below or on twitter @nerdisnewcool.  My non-US fan are as always welcome to join the conversation as well.

Nerd Is the New Cool signing off.

Also, congrats to Chad and Angie on the hundredth episode of Screen Team Sunday.  Love your work guys.  Watch the vid below, and get them a like and subscribe on their YouTube channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment