Tuesday, November 5, 2013

This Nerd's Life: Halloween Weekend

I know, I know.  I said I'd post something Thursday for Halloween but that day was a huge headache.

I don't mind the company, but my dad came over Thursday morning and spent a couple hours hanging out. Which was cool, but it really put me behind on getting ready for that Evening's Trick 'r Treaters.

But I was able to get the house in order.  And low and behold, 2 kids all night.  A super-tough red Power Ranger and a cute little Minnie Mouse.

My wife and I settled in for the evening with Halloween 4 and after she headed to bed for the night I watched my favorite modern Halloween based film, Trick 'r Treat - which I watched right after Season's Greetings the cartoon short it spins out off.  I also hopped onto YouTube and was able to check out FEARnet's Trick 'r Treat shorts.  I highly recommend them.

Then, Friday Dad and I ran by a couple of Vintage Stocks to check out the big sale they had going on.  I was able to pick up DVD's of Friday the 13th Parts 3 and 4, Zorro's Black Whip Volume One (the first six episodes of a serial featuring "Zorrita, the one and only 'female' Zorro!"), and Star Odyssey (an old sci-fi flick I've never heard of.  Included on the DVD are four shorts: a Fleischer Superman cartoon, a Felix the Cat, a The New 3 Stooges cartoon, and an episode of Rocky Jones, Space Ranger).  I was also able to add a couple of early Man-Things to my collection Adventures into Fear 17 and Daredevil 113, the latter of which is part of the Sallis Papers story arc staring Daredevil, Man-Thing, and Foggy Nelson's sister Candace.


Over the weekend, my wife and I - along with our faithful companion the Nerd-Hound - went to my parent's for a horror movie marathon.  I can't remember the exact order of things, but we were able to squeeze in It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, World War Z - not as bad as I'd feared but still not as great as I'd hoped - Jack the Giant Slayer, Sharknado, Dracula: Prince of Darkness, Twins of Evil, Hands of the Ripper, The Incredible Melting Man, Godzilla vs. Megalon, and The Town that Dreaded Sundown.  

Overall, a very fun and entertaining weekend.

Hope your's was as much of a blast!

I'll be back on Wednesday, with a new New Comic Day.  In the meantime, I'd love to hear how you spent Halloween or your weekend down below in the comments or over on twitter @nerdisnewcool and you can share any pics of your Halloween costumes on our new facebook page located here:  https://www.facebook.com/NerdTheNewCool

Until next time,

This is Nerd Is The New Cool, signing off.

P.S. Since it's the Spooky Season and cause I haven't in awhile:

#AllisonScag4Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment