Sunday, November 11, 2012

This Nerd's Life

So, since last time I've done a few things...

Firstly, I bought an Xbox 360 and am on Xbox Live, both for the first time.  As I've said before, see our award winning blog entry Summer of the Nerd, I'm not a big (video) gamer.  So this is kinda a deal...something of a Real World Quest to add on some XP to up my Nerd Level.  

Secondly, I'm almost finished reading The Cases That Haunt Us by former FBI profiler John Douglas.  It's an interesting read, I especially enjoyed the sections on Jack the Ripper and the Zodiac.  If I don't get to lazy, I'll post a review on Good Reads and post a link in an upcoming blog.  But I'll probably get to lazy.  

Nextly, I started reading Game of Thrones.  Hopefully, this will get Katie Wilson to stop telling me over and over and over how great it is...hold on my wife is saying something...what?  No way... I am not an idiot...sorry for the interruption, my wife was trying to tell me Katie isn't talking to me directly in her blog, but it's prerecorded and everyone can see it...silly wife.  You know what I'm talking about don't you, person I'm writing this directly to... Anyway, Game of Thrones, I'm 225 pages in and it's pretty good so far.  Still haven't got to episode 3 of the HBO show yet, but, you know, eventually.  It's awesome and all, so...I'm just really worried about how my wife will react when...NO SPOILERS!...'cause she's crazy in the head...

Thenly (WTF's with all the "-ly" endings, Nerd?  You were an English major for crying out loud.  Knock it off...), my dad bought Last Night on Earth the Zombie board game...he took it home with him though...butt-head. 

Alsoly, Shadowman 1 came out it's awesome...go check it out...

Finally (I said knock off the "-ly" bullstuff...oh wait, that one's right, never mind ..), I went to Diwali Night: great show (singing, dancing, comedy), great food, and a great job by everyone involved.  Congrats to the Oklahoma State University Indian Student Association for putting together a great program.  Especially, to my kids - past and present who participated - who were part of this event.  You know who you are and I am very proud of all of you.   

And now back to our regularly scheduled Top Ten, already not in progress...

I was going to do a Top Ten Characters I want to see in the Justice League Movie, but that is a little more in-depth than I want to go tonight so will added to the "but that's another" blog list.  So this week, we're doing the whole no top ten thing this week.  

And I wanna hear from you...what have you been up to this last week?  Why didn't you write my blog?  Who do you think Jack the Ripper really was?  Why is a raven like a writing desk?  Should more words end in "-ly?"  Leave a comment below or hit up my twitter page @nerdisnewcool.

Nerd is the New Cool, signing off
  

P.S.ly, if Katie Wilson is reading this, you don't need a restraining order, I'm not actually crazy...but I understand if you get one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment